Monday, August 1, 2011

Auditory Differentiation

I have always known that I have more trouble differentiating sounds than other people. As I mention in my book, as a child, I kept thinking my teacher was calling me when she was in fact calling my classmate Patrick. It is not that I did not hear well, in fact I have had my hearing tested and it is in the superior range, it is just that I cannot differentiate some sounds from other sounds. Although there has been some research in the area of auditory discrimination and dyslexia, there is a new study that finds that dyslexics have a harder time recognizing voices than a control group.


Click this link to read more about it from an article by the Associated Press


Click here for a more in-depth article from the NYTimes

No comments:

Post a Comment